Welcome to the Mencap Trust Company Ltd website.
It’s natural to worry what will happen to your loved ones when you are no longer around — even more so when your loved one has a learning disability A learning disability is to do with the way someone's brain works. It makes it harder for someone to learn, understand or do things. and/or autism Autism is a disability. Autistic people find it difficult to understand what other people think and feel. They also find it difficult to tell people what they think and feel. Everyone with autism is different. .
Mencap Trust Company can help alleviate some of this worry by helping you plan a financially secure future for those you leave behind.
Protect their future
If you’ve been thinking about setting up a trust A Trust looks after money for a person or a group of people. for a family member who has a learning disability (and/or autism), and you want to:
- safeguard their benefits and entitlements
- ensure legal or financial responsibility for your family member is not placed on family or friends
- make allowances for unforeseen family circumstances that could prevent other family members taking on the trust — like poor health or premature death
- appoint a trustee who is well informed about learning disability rights Rights are the things everyone should be allowed to do like have a say, or go to school. and the needs of people with a learning disability
- choose a permanent, professional body who is experienced in trust law Laws are the rules that everyone in the country has to follow. If you don't follow the rules you can get in trouble with the police.
Call us on 020 7696 6932, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you've done your research and have already made an informed decision to set up a discretionary Discretionary means it is up to somebody to decide if you get something. trust for your loved one, or you are yet to decide which trust is right for you and your family, contact us today. We can help.
To familiarise yourself with our friendly team, meet some of our beneficiaries, read our answers to frequently answered questions, or learn how we make decisions around how trust funds are spent, click on the cards below.
We've created a number of documents about Mencap Trust Company which you might find useful: